SEWER BACKUP CLEANUP SERVICES IN TORONTO
As a home owner living in Toronto and its surrounding areas, you do not want to ever have to deal with sewage back up problem in your home. Unfortunately, sewage back up in Toronto is something that is quite common, particularly for the older houses whose main sewer lines have not been replaced for a long time. Water Damage Toronto provides fast and reliable sewage back up clean up services for people living within the greater Toronto area and we can help you deal with the problem and bring things back to normal within the shortest time possible.
Signs of Sewage Backups
Property owners in Toronto are no stranger to sewage backups around the city and the Greater Toronto Area. Before it gets bad, you can spot the initial signs of an impending sewage backup in Toronto and get sewer cleanup services.
- Slow Draining: If the water in one or more locations is draining slowly through your pipes, there is likely a clog that will lead to a sewage backup.
- Interior Backups: When turning on a faucet or flushing a toilet, instead of draining, water backs up into a nearby shower, sink, or toilet.
- Inability to Flush: You’re unable to flush your toilet properly or easily, even after plunging.
- Foul Odours: unpleasant odours of sewage coming from your basement drains, bathroom, or even kitchen, can mean that sewage is not getting out.
- Gurgling Sounds: Instead of the sound of water flowing smoothly through the drain pipes, an impending sewage backup in Toronto will cause air bubbles that can be heard and sometimes even seen as water runs through it.
- Basement Backup: Water backing up through drains in the bottom floor is an active sewage backup in the basement.
How to Respond to a Sewage Backup
Sewage backup in the basement or draining water rerouting back into your home is a water damage restoration emergency, requiring an urgent response from a local water damage restoration company in Toronto. If you’re experiencing a sewage backup and water is coming up through your drains, don’t try and clean it up yourself. Call Water Damage Toronto for flooded basement cleanup in Toronto.
Sewage backups are hazardous. Do not interact or touch contaminated water without personal protective equipment or without consulting a professional water damage restoration specialist. Anyone occupying the affected area should evacuate the site, and nearby windows can be opened to vent fumes as well as odours.
Respond Quickly to Backups
The speed at which you can respond to sewage backups in Toronto makes a huge impact on the health of occupants and the health of your property. Sewage backups are typically packed with bacteria and viruses like E Coli. that can cause infection and illness.
Without immediate action, water damage in Toronto will settle, causing floors, drywall, and other building materials to disintegrate. The longer you wait, the more costly damage will become. An additional risk with any type of water damage is mold infestation. The longer water or moisture goes without restoration, the more habitable the property will be to passing mold spores.
To mitigate these effects of water damage and for sewer cleanup services, call the Water Damage Toronto team.
What Causes Sewage Backups in Toronto?
The causes of sewer back up in Toronto are almost as varied as the homes that have this problem if you look into the specifics since anything that causes blockage of the sewer lines will eventually lead to a sewer back up problem. However, it you take a wider outlook and just stick to the big picture then you can say that sewage back up can occur as a result of two main causes.
- Clogging of main sewer lines- the main sewer line is the big drainage pipe that connects to all the sinks, bathtubs and toilets in your house. This means that if it gets clogged and sewage is not allowed to pass through then the sewage will eventually back up into your house. If you find that all the drains from your sinks, toilets and bathtubs in the house are not working at the same time then the problem is most likely caused by blockage of the main sewer line leading away from your house.
- Clogging of small drain pipes- sometimes only individual drains leading to the main sewer get clogged and this too can cause sewage back up in the house. However, the scale is usually lower here and only the affected toilet or bathtub will not work and the others will still work as they used to.
Why Should You Choose Water Damage Toronto?
- Fast: When you call Water Damage Toronto in the GTA, we’ll be on-site within 45 minutes to begin restoration.
- Experienced: We’ve been providing results-oriented water damage restoration services and sewage backup cleanup in Toronto and the surrounding areas for over a decade.
- Certified: The team at Water Damage Toronto is IICRC certified and insured for effective and reliable restoration.
- Insurance & Financing: We work with all insurance companies and offer free or low-interest financing to qualifying customers to help property owners manage the cost of restoration and cleanup.