Does Your Sump Pump Need Maintenance or Repair?
Sump pumps are specially designed tools used to move flood water out of the basement. But sometimes, sump pumps fail causing existing water damage to only get worse. If your property is vulnerable to flooding, protect it by preventing sump pump backups and streamlining your response to flooded basement cleanup.
- Do You Hear Strange Noises?
- Have You Noticed Excessive Vibration While It Runs?
- Can You See Visible Rust Around Your Sump Pump?
- Has Your Sump Pump Lost Power?
- Is Water Unable to Come Out of the Sump Pump?
- Is It More Than 7 Years Old?
A failing sump pump, spells trouble without a fast response. If you have a flooded basement and your sump pump is malfunctioning or failing to empty water, don’t wait for sump pump backups to subside. Call the Water Damage Toronto team for emergency water damage restoration in Toronto and sump pump cleanup.
What Does a Sump Pump Emergency Mean For You?
A sump pump emergency flood water is either not being pumped out of your basement at all or it is back flowing back into the property. When water cannot be efficiently be removed from your property, many problems are likely to follow, including:
- Structural Damage
- Bacteria & Viruses Air Contamination (in the case of sewage backup)
- Mold Infestation & Indoor Air Quality Contamination
- Electrical Damage
Sump pumps are meant to help property owners facilitate water damage restoration by removing flood water. When sump pumps backup or backflow, the infiltrating water sits longer damaging building materials, personal belongings, and the indoor air quality. If you need flooded basement cleanup in Toronto and you experience a sump pump backup or backflow, Water Damage Toronto can be there in 45 minutes for emergency water damage restoration.
How Does a Sump Pump Fail?
Without sump pump repair and maintenance it’s not unlikely for a sump pump to fail. What’s important is that a sump pump is functional when you need it most. Unfortunately, it isn’t until flooding occurs and water damage repair in Toronto is needed that property owners detect a problem with their sump pump.
Common Sump Pump Problems Are Caused By:
- Power Outages
- Jammed or Stuck Switches
- Frozen or Clogged Pipes
- Overworked or Underworked Sump Pump
- Incorrect Installation
The Best Water Damage Restoration Response
- Call Water Damage Toronto: When you call our team for flooded basement cleanup and sump pump backup, we will arrive on-scene in the Greater Toronto Area, equipped with advanced water removal and restoration equipment.
- Water Removal & Drying: Especially when your sump pump fails to remove water effectively, pumping out water is of the utmost importance to minimize damage and accelerate restoration.
- Using high-tech pumps, we will empty your property of water.
- To protect personal property and furniture, they will be removed out of the wet zone, where salvageable items will be separated from non-salvageable.
- Dehumidifiers and specialty fans are then used to dry out the affected areas and eliminate excess moisture from the room.
- Flood Damage Reconstruction: Once the property is no longer waterlogged, technicians will assess damage and begin reconstruction where contaminated and warped building materials like wood floors and drywall will be replaced. Finally, your property will be free of floodwater and safe to reoccupy.
Why Get Professional Sump Pump Backflow Cleanup
When you need flooded basement cleanup, the water is usually either a category 2 water damage or a category 3 which is highly hazardous and typically the result of a sewage backup. When you experience a sump pump backup or backflow, that contaminated and hazardous water stays inside affecting your air, the property, and occupants. Water damage restoration from the team at Water Damage Toronto is your best bet for safe removal. We have years of experience with a range of water damage cases, IICRC certification, and fast response times.
For Sump Pump Backup Cleanup or Flooded Basement Cleanup, Call Now.